Friday, August 10, 2012

Woman of the cloth

Cloth diapers that is!

I believe I posted a while back that at 3 months, I started using cloth diapers on Ashley. Well, I'm still using them, and I love them.

What you don't know is that I've taken it upon myself to start making them as well. I made my first Pocket Diaper with PUL a couple of days ago, and here it is:


There is some definite tweaking that has to happen, because my stitching needed to be done with polyester thread, and I think some of it was cotton which lead to leaks from the stitching in the legs... But it's all trial and error at this point. This diaper will be okay to use as a fitted with a cover, but I will have to get polyester thread and try again with the PUL and hope for better results..

Of course, since this is my first go, I'm proud nonetheless, and I figured it wouldn't be perfect since I'm using cheap Walmart PUL. When I get better at this, then I'll spend a little more $$ on the more expensive PUL.

I intend to start making more and selling them on my etsy shop, along with knitted soakers and skirties... but I want to make sure that I put these ones through rigorous testing first, and anything I sell will be made out of better quality materials. :)

Anyway, just a little update from my crafty self. I'm taking a break from knitting to basically learn sewing all over again, since I haven't touched my sewing machine in well over 10 years, I'm surprised the thing still works... It must be 20 years old by now.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment