Monday, April 16, 2012

6 weeks

First off, sorry I haven't posted. It's like I've lost the last 6 weeks! It's true what they say, cherish every moment while your baby is young because it flies by so SO fast. I can't believe how big my baby girl is getting!

Little miss Ashley is doing great. I'm exhausted, but I'm enjoying every minute of it, even in those moments where I feel like I'm losing my mind. It's really hard to be grumpy at 3am when you look down at that little face and a huge toothless grin forms on it. Melts my heart every single time. :)

Ashley doesn't nap much during the day, so that has been a bit of a challenge. For a few days I thought we'd kicked her no-napping policy when she would sleep for 3-4 hour stretches in the morning, but that has gone by the wayside again, and we're back to miss cranky pants for several hours a day.

I really can't complain though... she may not nap much during the day, but she has been sleeping fairly well at night. I had to run in to her room and check on her to make sure she was still alive the night that she slept for 7.5 hours! That has only happened once though, she's averaging about 5-6 hours of sleep from 9pm-3am, then another two hours from 4am-6am. It's tough trying adjust myself to those hours, but it's getting easier.

I am smitten with this little girl. I couldn't have asked for a better DD. She makes me laugh all the time with her funny faces, and she's learning, and becoming more aware of her surroundings every day.

She knows who her mom is, and is currently in a phase where mommy has to be in sight when someone else is holding her. Sometimes she's okay alone with dad too. :) It's just so cute when grandma is holding her, and her little eyes are watching me move all around the room. It fills my heart with so much joy to see how much she loves her family already.

The MIL has been giving me a little bit of trouble in that she can be extremely overbearing, but fortunately I'm not the type of person to let it go too far, and I had to tell her to back off when she was here over the weekend. I think that mothers-in-law (in my case anyway) forget that the baby is not theirs to parent, and can have some trouble respecting boundaries. I won't get in to too much detail, but let's just say I headed that behavior off at the pass.

My hormones have been wacko, and still are. I'm still breastfeeding, which I am so proud of, because I never thought I'd be able to do it for more than 3 weeks, but here we are at 6 weeks, after a lot of learning, and tons of nipple pain, and we're still going strong. I hated breast feeding at first because it is so difficult and my baby was cluster-feeding like crazy, but it's true what they say.. It DOES get better. It still has it's moments but for the most part, the pain is gone, and I'm free to just enjoy feeding baby.

Will post some pics later! Pizza is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment