Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013

Happy New Year! It's been far too long since I've updated, so I think it's time I get back on here.

First thing's first... We are TTC #2! :) I have to say "trying" loosely since I've just weaned DD and am waiting for a postpartum period, but once my body works it all out, we will be trying. I'm not charting or temping right away, and we're just going to try on our own for a while and see what happens. I'm optimistic that this time around will be better than the first time, and hopefully it will be quicker and easier.

DD is now 10 months old. Two months to her first birthday! It's so hard to believe, and time really does go by so fast. She is just a wonderful little girl. She's crazy busy, and has started taking her first steps here and there. She's so cute, and she just gets in to EVERYTHING, and as crazy as it gets here sometimes, I just love the whole experience to pieces, that little girl amazes me every single day. I love her so much.

We have been so blessed and fortunate in 2012. When I look back on the year, I'd definitely say it has been the best year of my life. I've grown to appreciate everything I have so much more than I ever have, and DD has really put a lot of things in to perspective for me and for DH as well. We are so happy.

Here's to hoping that 2013 brings even more greatness, but I'd be happy with the status quo. Life is good right now!

DD has grown so much! She's on the move, walking with assistance for the most part, but then every now and again she gets brave and let's go, and tries a few steps. She says 'dada' a lot, not necessarily in context, and she says 'mama' when she's upset, but that might just be the way her cries go. The other day I swear she said 'banana', and she was trying to copy me saying 'uh oh' today. So cute! She also waves, claps, throws her arms up as if to say "meh, whatever", and does high fives. And now, a picturefest! :)

Getting in to the presents. She did eventually rip this one open on Christmas Eve.
 
Got her a big giraffe for Christmas, she likes to flop on it.

Picture with Santa! She did such a great job! No tears!!!

Me and Ash wearing our Christmasy hats. :)
 
My little cutie pie. :)
 
DD absolutely loves garlic, and she loves garlic hummus. It's messy stuff though!
 
DD was the perfect model for my knitted hats. :)
 
This one is probably most fitting, since she really is a monkey!
 
But she makes a pretty darn cute giraffe too!
 
DD is talented. She plays the piano.... Okay, well she's plays the keys that control the sound wave in the exhibit at the museum of Science and Tech.. :)
 
Daddy and Ash. Seriously melts my heart... And yes, she is a spitting image of my husband. haha
 
In her big girl car seat!
 
We have gates all over our house... and she uses them ALL!! :)
 
Daddy and Ash at our favourite breakfast place. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment