Wednesday, January 12, 2011

April 2011

I just finished making our personal finance budget for the year. With my husband's new position at work, we are sitting much stronger financially than before, which is great, but I'm still a little worried about April.

April 2nd is when my term is due for renewal.. and of course there is never a guarantee that they will renew, especially with the way that things have been going here. It's going to be a long wait before they make my position permanent, if they ever do.

I'm scared that they may not renew, and that I'll be left looking for a job. I know that with my husband's new payscale, we'd be fine, since I would qualify for employment insurance if I can't find a new job right away to assure that we can pay our bills. But I've never been jobless, and it's a terrifying feeling for me. I'm already looking for a job just in case, and it's making me even more nervous that I haven't been able to find anything viable in my field.

It's hard to be TTC sometimes, when all I can do is worry about getting pregnant at an inopportune time financially. If I wasn't dealing with IF, I would probably be more inclined to wait to try and get pregnant, at least until April when I will know what my job situation will be... But I've spent the last 2+ years worrying about this, and as much as I hate to say that we're just flying by the seat of our pants.. I really don't want to wait since it has already taken us this long.

I know that we will be fine with whatever happens, but I still worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment