Monday, August 22, 2011

Back from a little trip in the mountains

I went on a little weekend excursion with my mom to the Eastern Townships of Quebec this weekend. It only takes about 3 hours to get there, but it's 3 hours out of the city in to the fresh and refreshing air of the mountains. The Eastern Townships are closest to Vermont. I've never been to Vermont, but have heard that the cycling there is just as awesome as it is on the Quebec side. :)

We stayed at a B&B in Sutton. It was beautiful there. We did a little shopping, and a lot of eating since the food is always so good in the townships. We also got out on the bikes, since the weather was fantastic, and did 27kms from Waterloo to Granby. The bicycle paths are so clean, and nicely paved. There are rest stops along the way at about every kilometer. I wish the cycling routes where I live were this awesome!

I was kind of apprehensive to go on this trip, seeing as I can feel totally fine, then like total crap the next minute.. but I'm happy to report that I felt great the whole time, and I think the biking really helped me to actually gain some of my energy back. I can't say I've felt as great yesterday and today.. but I think that's more or less just because I'm back home/back at work when I wish I was in the townships much MUCH MUCH longer!! :)

Only 3 more days until I am OFFICIALLY in 2nd tri!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment