Monday, January 9, 2012

Kickity kick

I don't know if it's because I just notice it less during the day or what, but this baby is absolutely bananas at night! The moment I lay down to get comfortable for sleep, she's moving all over the place! Last night, my belly was like a bouncy castle, and I was so distracted by it, and amused by it that sleeping was pretty much impossible.

DH is pretty funny about the whole belly/movement thing. He's really squeamish about my alien belly, and whenever it moves, he gets all cringy, wrinkles his nose, and wriggles his fingers all around. Unless I put his hand on my belly, he never tries to touch it.

Well, since the baby was so active last night, I put his hand there. I think the last time he felt my belly, he only would have felt small flutters, and now that baby is big, you can seriously feel body parts, especially the knees and feet. I think yesterday was probably the first time that the movement actually felt -human- to DH, and though he was still pretty squeamish about it, he did keep his hand there and admit that the feeling was pretty cool.

The closer we get to the finish line, the cooler it is to see DH change in to more and more of a fatherly figure. We will both be entering this new world, and it will be so interesting to see who we become as parents. I am looking forward to watching DH hold his daughter and play with her. He's excited about being able to feed the baby, and for that reason he's a little disappointed in the breast feeding in the beginning, but if all goes well, when things slow down, I'll pump just so that he can take part in that. I'm glad to see that he's so involved already. Before this month, DH kind of really never had anything to say about the baby or our future and it made me worry a bit that he wouldn't come around until the baby was born, or much later on in the baby's life (because I know it can be hard for men to connect with infants). It's so nice to see that he really is starting to see his life with his daughter, and it's the cutest thing in the world to see him just as excited about all of this as I am.

Just my thoughts for today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment