Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year!

So 2012 is here is it? Sorry I haven't been blogging much lately, I've just been so tired. Some days it feels like I've reverted to first trimester where 50% of my day was spent sleeping, and the other 50% was spent at work trying not to fall asleep.

To recap Christmas and New Year's quickly, it went a little something like this: zzzzZZZZzzzzzzzzz...

We didn't do much. It was a quiet holiday and DH and I spent most of it on our own, with the exception of Christmas Day and Boxing day when we visited my parents, then DH's parents, but left both places early because I kept falling asleep. I'm the narcoleptic pregnant lady.

While 2011 was a fun year in retrospect and we had a lot of luck come our way, I'm glad it's over, and I am looking forward to 2012 for obvious reasons. It becomes increasingly harder to believe how close to the end of this pregnancy I am. I am in the home stretch! I can get away with saying that NEXT MONTH, I will have a little baby girl!! (Unless of course, she decides to overcook and stay in there until March. ;)

I pulled the baby clothes out that I was given from a friend the other day to take a peek at what she passed along. It was a really weird feeling pulling all of those tiny clothes out of there. It's also a really weird feeling to receive baby gifts. It's sort of like receiving an alien for Christmas. The feeling is hard to describe, but it's just so foreign. It's like you know what the gift or item is for, but because the baby isn't here yet, you're receiving a gift or item for the future, I don't know.. it's just really hard for me to explain. Baby Ashley is going to be a very well dressed and spoiled little girl when she gets here. :)

Here's a picture of me this week taken yesterday at 32 weeks and 3 days.


Sorry this post is so random. I'm so tired, it's seriously hard to string together a cohesive train of thought these days. Thank god that I'm leaving work early today, it's going to be a challenge to make it to noon at this point. :)

1 comment:

  1. I was exhausted at the end too :) It comes full circle from 1st to 3rd tri!

    ReplyDelete