Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Baby Shower!

My baby shower took place on Sunday. It was supposed to be a surprise, but I kind of figured it out. What did surprise me though was that the person who hosted the shower was my mom's best friend! So I was a little confused when we ended up at her house because my mom said she "needed to pick something up from _____'s house". :)

There were about 30 people invited, and everyone came! I feel truly blessed to have such amazing family and friends. We played games, and ate lots, and we received so many gifts for the baby! The important things were covered off of our registry, and we got lots of cute clothing and stuff too. DH was so happy that everything turned out so well, and said he felt relieved and more ready for the baby now that we had a lot more things for her. We still have to buy a crib mattress and a few essentials, like diapers and wipes, but for the most part, the shower covered off everything else that we'll need up front! I seriously can't thank everyone enough! They are all so genuinely excited for this baby, and their excitement really melts my heart. :)

Here are some pics from the shower:


This is me looking quite pregnant with my mommy-to-be banner, and all the beautifully wrapped gifts.


This is the table of goodies. :) My aunt decorated both the cake and all the cupcakes, she really is amazing at decorating this stuff. The cake was delicious and so cute!!


Cupcakes so beautifully decorated by my aunt.


Friends and family. :)


More friends and family.


Ladies hard at work playing games. I think this game is the one where you have to name baby items from A-Z within a timeframe. :)


I was terrible at this game. I only had 9 items.... haha



There was sushi! Vegetarian of course, but oh how I have missed it! You better believe I chowed right down on that. ;)


Opening gifts! So many beautiful gifts!


Our little girl is 100% spoiled before she even gets here. :)


Friends and cousins watching as I open gifts. :)


Some of the cutest baby clothes I've ever seen! My cousin gave us this onesie that had cats in air balloons on it. So sweet!


We received a jungle themed exersaucer from my brother and sister in law (she's standing to the left in black in this picture), and we also received a jungle play mat from my college girlfriends. Baby girl won't be shy of great toys to play with!

I had such an amazing time, and it was great to see everyone together. The shower definitely made me even more anxious and excited to have this little baby so that everyone can meet her. Everyone is on edge just waiting!

I just seriously cannot express how much appreciation and love I feel for my family and friends. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a beautiful shower! I love that cake - too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just have to say that the food & cake made me very hungry (I think it is snack time). The shower looked wonderful, I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete