Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My body is weird.

At yesterday's OB appointment, my doctor informed me that I had an extra lobe on my placenta. What is this you ask? Well, it's literally and extra piece of placenta that's attached to the main placenta. My doctor assured me that it's nothing to worry about, but that I need to assure that whoever delivers me is aware of it so that they make sure that they get the whole placenta out. I'd never heard of this before, so it was kind of strange to find out.

Overall, my appointment was good. Not much to report. Last growth ultrasound, baby was in the 70th percentile, head-down, so all systems are a go!

I signed my termination papers for work today which makes me really sad. I'm more upset than I thought that I won't be able to come back to this job after I leave. I've been here for two and a half years, and I really love the work, and my co-workers, so it's a little hard to come to terms with. I have lots of time to look around for something else, so that's good I guess, it just sucks to have to start looking for a career all over again, especially to find one that tops this one.

Okay, I guess I need to just suck it up and focus, right? I will have one year with my baby before I really need to figure it all out, so I should just enjoy that and stop worrying and being sad about it. Do you hear me inner-self? STOP OBSESSING ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN'T CHANGE.

These last weeks of waiting for baby to be born are going to be hard. I'm not feeling too great these days. It's mostly just exhaustion, terrible headaches, hip pain and waddling around like a hippopotamus that's got me feeling like being awake for more than two hours a day is torture. I know it will all be worth it in the end... I just wish I knew when the end was. haha

Alllllmost there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment