Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Clomid + impossible task = RAGE

Okay, so I'm being a little dramatic.

I stopped knitting for a bit and now I'm hooked back on it making socks. I am interested in spinning my own yarn, and someone sends me a coupon to take a class in spinning. So, I start looking in to the costs of spinning, and am surprised to find out how much a spinning wheel costs. I was thinking... meh... 50 bucks? Ummm.. WRONG. Used, I was able to find a few under $200.

SO.. I looked for alternatives. I'm not looking to become a wool factory, I just want to make a few skeins of yarn here and there.

I came across a "drop spindle", which I think might be what I'm looking for. I figured I'd look around to see how much they cost.... I can't find any ANYWHERE.

Ugh.. I hate that Canada seems to have so few things related to knitting, it's so frustrating! I ended up finding one on Amazon, but the cost of shipping was ridiculous!

Grrrrr... I need to find a place that sells them here, but I think that it's probably a wild goose chase that will go nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment