Thursday, April 7, 2011

Well, Hello Clomid!

I went back to the RE today! I've come to terms with the fact that my body refuses to make a baby by itself, and I'm tired of waiting.

After discussing different treatment options (because Clomid makes me sick), I decided that the alternatives weren't much better... So I'm going to deal with the side effects, and we'll be starting round 3 as soon as my new cycle begins. Today is CD47, here's to hoping that I'm nearing the end of it and don't end up having to take Provera!

I'm excited to be back here oddly enough. At least I can feel like I have a real chance at making this happen!

I will be charting my progress, and will be doing proper monitoring to make sure that we're doing everything we can to up the odds.

On another note:

My brother and I were able to resolve whatever the hell brought on that horrible fight the other day. After talking to each other, we both revealed things about ourselves that we didn't know.. and I told him about us having trouble TTC.

He emailed me back after that, and said that he had discussed our fight with his wife. This doesn't really surprise me, because I'd discussed it with DH. LOL He also told her about us having trouble TTC, and she offered that if we ever need it, she would be a surrogate for us in a heartbeat.

The sentiment is there, and she is an amazing person for not even blinking with that response.. but I had to laugh a little. I told my brother that his wife was extremely generous, but that really isn't something we'd be willing to consider.

I think it's funny how people automatically jump to that conclusion. She is the second person to have offered to be a surrogate to us. I also told them that we are likely a long way off from ever having to make that decision.

Infertility is a very strange thing, and it's a very strange conversation to have with anyone... especially my brother, but I was very surprised at how understanding he was, especially after having told me that I needed to grow up. LOL

Things are good now on all fronts. In the last couple of months I've managed to take care of my anxiety and DH has managed to get his ADD completely under control. We've managed to get a ton of work done on the house, including new basement, new furniture in the basement, new furnace, new roof, new kitchen extension and soon to have new floors throughout the house.

Can't wait to get all this stuff done, and then hopefully still have time to put together a baby's room should this cycle work out for us!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment