Thursday, September 8, 2011

Think happy thoughts

I will not worry about this, I will not worry about this....

The big guy where I work is calling a standup meeting on Monday for our entire branch. Last time we had a standup meeting, about 40 people got laid off.

I want to think that maybe they could tell us something positive on Monday, but we already know that our department has been told to cut another 5%. At this point, it won't happen through attrition, because most of the cut backs happened that way last time. They cut 80 positions, 40 of which were filled with people.

There's a good chance that I will not be affected by the cutbacks, but it's not impossible, which leaves me with a little doubt, and a lot of fear with a baby on the way!!

It really sucks. I got out of working in the private sector because they tell you that your job is secure in the government.... but since I've been here, all I've witness is insecurity, people losing their jobs, and I'm still on term after almost 2 1/2 years.

The best I can hope for is that I get to work out this term so that when I go on maternity leave I will get a top up on top of EI.

At least this way, they wouldn't be able to touch my position for a year.

Okay, now that this is out of my system, I will give no more thought to it until I actually find out what's happening!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment