Thursday, November 3, 2011

What a week!

Thank god it's almost over.

Last weekend was less than desirable when I took a trip to labour and delivery at the hospital on Sunday. It all turned out to be okay, but it was a scary day. I had been cleaning out my bedroom closet, putting away all the plethora of clothing that no longer fits this pregnant body and lifting heavy baskets of clothes. All of a sudden I get a gush of fluid down below, and it scared the crap right out of me. I didn't know if it was just normal discharge, pee, or water.. so instead of freaking out, I called the triage line... AND THEN I freaked out, when they told me to go to L&D to make sure it wasn't amniotic fluid.

I waited 6 hours to find out that everything looked okay. Dr. checked the area, and cervix was closed, and I hadn't had any more fluid, so they sent me on my way. I'm happy to report that I've fortunately been okay since then, and Ashley reassures me she's okay in there each day that passes as she kicks and punches my big belly.

And speaking of big bellies... here's me, 23 weeks and 3 day pregnant. :) I am beginning to refer to myself as preggasaurus.

No comments:

Post a Comment