Thursday, March 3, 2011

I'm kind of in career hell

Two and a half weeks ago, my boss tells me that my work term is being renewed for 6 months. A week later, he tells me the position expired, so now they can't renew... so, I confirm with the other employer that I've been courting that I will be unemployed in April, so I will be joining them.

Well....

On Wednesday I tell my current (term) boss that I'll be leaving for this other job on April 30th.

On Friday, my boss comes back to me and says that he pushed, and found a way to renew my term for one year, and that I would be signing that offer same day... Then he left for the day, and I didn't sign anything.

Tuesday rolls in, and I ask him WTF is going on. He says I'm getting 1 year, but he didn't receive the offer on Friday, so I have to wait.

Meanwhile, I'm keeping the other employer in limbo, which doesn't make me look very good.

So this morning, I email the other employer, and finally just tell them exactly what's going on here. They weren't very happy that I was leaving them in limbo, but they were still interested in moving forward if I can't get what I'm trying to get here with my current employer.

I feel like such a shit. My current boss originally told me to find employment because renewal wasn't looking promising... so I go out and do just that... then all this shit gets pulled on me.

Ultimately, I know what I want. I want to work where I am now, whether it's the 1 year term, or I get permanency, but if it's anything shorter than 1 year, then I will leave.

It's impossible to plan a family or anything else in my life without something more permanent.

I'm in limbo right now, and it's just really stressful... then on top of that I feel bad because I was leading the other employer on.

Ughhh....

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST MAKE A FREAKIN' DECISION ALREADY!?!?!?!?!?!?! This has been going on for months!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment